The Rainbow Card Challenge #10: Brazenly Black


Hello Folks! I recently happened upon a blog called The Rainbow Card Challenge and boy do they seem fun! They've got this monthly card challenge every month and if you know me, I'm thrilled to join that bandwagon.

Anyhoo... the theme for October is Brazenly Black and I'm so excited to show you what I've created.

Mood Board

I love black. And the very first thought that popped into my head was halloween - it being October and all. But I wanted to challenge myself even more by taking halloween out of the equation. 

I've never received a black card before. I mean I'd love one. But nobody does that here in this little corner of the world. It's so associated with death and mourning. 


So here's my Brazenly Black inspired card. 


I chose these black daisies form my insane hoard of embellishments. I placed the outline sticker on a circle of wonderfully textured handmade paper. Since I wanted to keep the colours to a minimum I just added a touch of gold with my Sharpie to the flower centres.


It was then layered onto another circle of black card stock that was cut with a decorative edged scissor with an irregular ring of gold. And finished it off by sticking the motif onto a small paper lace doily.


The main card is made from black card stock with a layer of a dull gold crackle effect paper. For the heading of the card I used Outline Stickers in gold from my stash and triple layered them and raised them with foam tape to match the height of the little black bow at the bottom.

I hope you liked my card. I don't know who I'm going to send this to.. but knowing my love for black, I just might keep this one all to myself.

xoxo



Comments

  1. I am so glad you took the challenge and made a black card! It turned out beautiful! Love all of your details. Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card and great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us in our "black" challenge this month at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Sue, Lee Ann & Cohenna. Can’t wait to give this months challenge a go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment