Abstract Face Coasters

"There is no abstract art. You always start with something real. Afterwards you can remove all traces of reality" ~ Pablo Picasso.


I love abstract art... as long as it's not overly abstract. I don't understand the fascination with just some brush strokes on a canvas. But that's just my opinion. 


I'm always on the lookout for art and craft supplies. And when I saw these coaster size canvases I just couldn't resist buying them - even though at that moment I had no clue what I'd be doing with them. 


At first, I thought I'd use these for some dot paintings. Nice bright, colourful dots on a dark background that form a picture when they are all put together.


But I'm glad I decided I didn't want my paintings to go just on the wall. This way I won't get water ring marks on my furniture and guests just have to remember which face they kept their glass on. 
:D



Comments

  1. I’ve just stumbled upon this post from google. These paintings are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment