Quilled heart


Here’s a simple quilled heart that’s easy enough for a beginner level. 


Materials:
* 2 equal strips of quilling paper. (I’ve used 5mm strips of 22cms in length 
* slotted tool
* tweezers
* quilling grid
* clear drying glue 


Using the slotted tool, create 2 loose coils of the same size using your quilling grid. 

My grid has 6 different sizes and for this heart I’ve used the 3rd smallest one about 1.5cm in diameter. 


Using your tweezers, gently pick up the coil…


Apply a tiny bit of glue ..


And stick the end down. I like to use my tweezers to hold the end down. It just helps to secure it faster. 


Now that you have a coil, it’s time to do the same with the other one. 


Once you have 2 coils of the same size, it’s time to form a teardrop 


Pinch one end of the coil to form a teardrop shape. 
If you’re new to this, there’s a basic tutorial on quilling shapes you can also find on my blog. 


Now that we have 2 teardrop shapes, it’s time to stick them together side by side to form a heart. 


I hope you have enjoyed this simple and easy tutorial. 

Karen. 

 

Comments