Working with Resin

Resin art has always been something I've wanted to try out for a long time. I've been absolutely mesmerised by so many resin art videos. 

So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled across a pack of resin at one of my favourite stationary stores in Goa - Itsy Bitsy. I couldn't wait to get home and get started experimenting.


So that didn't happen as quick as you think it did :D
I really wanted to try unmoulding resin from a silicone mould so I had to wait a further 2 weeks for the moulds I ordered online to reach me. 

Since I didn't want to experiment with adding colour to my resin right away, I thought I'd try embedding some dried flowers and leaves into my work. 


I dried the ferns and flower buds for about a week between sheets of kitchen towel placed in a thick book. I've read about adding a bit of colour to already dried plant bits but I haven't tried it here. 
I rather prefer the look of the dried ferns and flowers as they are.

This particular brand of resin was to be mixed at a 1:1 ratio and dried within 24 hours.


Comments