Glue gun crafts - Creative book cover


I don't like regular diaries - I love unusual and creative. But I also like them to be a large size so that I don't have to cramp up my writing. I couldn't find anything unique at the stationary store to I decided to improvise... and October being my birthday month and Halloween what better idea was there?!

Materials I used:
* Hard cover diary of your choice
* Hot glue gun
* Acrylic or chalk paint
* Metallic wax in copper


Being Halloween inspired I decided to do a huge spiderweb for the front cover of my diary. I drew the spiderweb directly with the hot glue gun but you don't have to. Feel free to draw it out with a pencil and work the hot glue over it.

Please be really careful. The nozzle end of the gun and the glue itself become really hot and you can burn yourself and others. Wear gloves if you have to. And make sure you have no kids or pets around you.


The best thing about the hot glue gun is that it dries fairly quickly so you don't have to waste time waiting around.


Give your book cover 2 coats of your acrylic or chalk paint. I love black so that's the colour I went with. 


Make sure your paint is completely dry between coats. And that you managed to get that paint right into the edges of the hot glue.


Next we're going to give the cover a little antique look with some metallic wax. I've used copper here.  

I got this metallic wax from Itsy Bitsy - a stationary and hobby store that can be found across India. If you don't have access to one of their many stores you can even order it online.


This metallic wax is really fun and easy to use. Just dab a little onto your finger and gently rub it onto your project. All those raised ridges and textures will get the delicate shimmer of the wax giving it that wonderful antique look.


...and there you have it! Now isn't this better than what we started out with?!

Comments