Let’s talk paper

The question I get asked most often is “What paper is best to use for quilling?”

That most definitely depends on what you’re doing. If you’re using your strips for something like the card above then you can use the readymade quilling strips available at most stationeries. 
If however, you’re looking to do some outline letter construction, then a good sturdy cardstock is the way to go. 
The thin strips offer very little in terms of the sturdiness required for construction. 

Note: you can use the thin fine strips to create a firm 3D piece like I’ve done with this turtles shell. However, you have to make sure there are no gaps between the strips. Just like making a tight coil or peg. 


If I find the colours I need to work with I buy the strips because it just saves me the time. When I don’t find them I usually cut my own strips. I also prefer cutting my own 2mm strips because those are just so difficult to find here. But for construction I like to cut my own strips. 

Hope this helps with any queries you had about paper. You can find my work on Instagram @ArtsyLittleMiss. 

Thanks for stopping by
Karen. 

Comments